Magento 1 end of life is right the corner. Migrate to Magento 2
Magento 1 end of life is scheduled for June 2020. In fact, you will no longer get support. That simply means that Magento and third-party providers will stop maintaining that version. If you are still using Magento 1, as from June 2020, you will be using it at your own risks. We are writing this article to offer you an opportunity to migrate to Magento version 2.
What are the risks associated with a non-supported version?
This paragraph is intended to you that are wondering what non-supported means. There are many risks associated with outdated and non-supported software.
- First of all, you face a lot of security vulnerabilities. In other words, An attacker can easily hack your website with little effort. Moreover, you might longer be able to use some third-party software. As an example, most of the payment gateways require some latest system specifications that you can find on outdated versions.
- Secondly, Some of your website features will stop working. As you probably already know, for your website to function properly, it requires some third-party resources. And as such, most of those third party providers will stop maintaining their extensions or services. Your website/part of your website will end up cratching.
- Thirdly, Google or some search engines could penalize you for using a non-secure website. If search engines detect that your website is a gate for attackers, they will downgrade your traffic. As a result, you will lose some of your visitors.
- Finally, you can find yourself losing all your investment and valuable data.
What to expect with Magento 2?
The new version of the most powerful eCommerce software offer advantages that you can not even imagine.
- Magento 2 offers more innovative solutions. For instance, the new software is designed and structured to make sure that you get the best out of your store. For example, the Admin Interface is easier to manage and is adapted to modern eCommerce trends.
- The second version is faster and secure compared to the previous version. In fact, the new software includes security improvements that make the store speed faster
- Magento 2 has by default more SEO features that you can use to improve your online presence.
- In term of security and performance, you can easily incorporate some features to save yourself from attackers,
- From the technical side of it, you will have to spend less on update and installation of extensions as most of the jobs are done through command line. And as such, It takes less time to install and deploy.
If you admire many competitors stores, Magento 2 is the best occasion for you to improve the way you sell online. With the new software, you have unlimited ways to sale 10x better and faster.
What we will do for you
In order to assist in the migration of your store to the more up-to-date version, we want to discuss with you about your business needs. Generally speaking, these will be our contribution to the success of your business.
- We will configure your server or send to your hosting company information about server specification.
- Additionally, we will migrate all your data from Magento 1 store to the latest available Magento 2 version.
- After migrating your data, our team will design and integrate a template similar to your current version to the new installation. If you prefer to have a completely new look, we can provide you with various option to suit your needs.
- Finally, we will incorporate Magento 2 specific new features to your store.
If you want to know more about different Magento 2 features or Magento 1 end of life, please read this article from Magento.com. You can also contact us by using information available on our contact us page.
Migrating to the latest version of Magento will not only help to keep your eCommerce alife, but you will somehow show to your customers/visitors that you care about their safety.
Click Here To See More